Monday, November 7, 2011

Continuing the Journey

It's been two months since my last blog.  As of Sept. 30, it felt like I was mostly back, but the medications kept my blood pressure so low, I experienced a sort of heaviness in my energies. I felt determined to  exercise every day, either walking at least a mile a day, jumping on the trampoline, tai chi, or yoga. I'm appreciating the 25-30 pounds I let go of.  That was some heavy baggage. :)

I noticed when I began eating again, planning my meals was my  main activity and focus for a while.  I had  lot of work to do to bring my body back to the well being I had previously enjoyed and more.  I confess, it was more about enjoying the meal, AND staying conscious about what my body was asking for.  I learned from Don Tolman's FDR III  which foods supported the organs and systems that needed healing.  My body has responded very well and I've been able to maintain a good weight while rebuilding muscle and stamina.

I noticed from time to time, I didn't feel complete with the blog, but didn't know what to write about.  Sometimes I felt a twinge of failure and disappointment that I hadn't "achieved" inedia, until I remembered that there are NO failures, only learning and experiencing.  I had a RICH, EXQUISITE abundance of that, and feel grateful.

I came home from the hospital, Aug. 20, on 5 different medications to assist my body to regain normalcy.  A week later, another was added. It was rough, but I made it clear to the doc that I am interested in getting back to an even better state of health than before with NO medications.

I feel grateful that now, Nov. 7, all the medications have been dropped except 1/2 dose of one.  I am running up the stairs, and feeling better than I can ever  remember feeling.  I will be going in for an assessment at the end of December, and fully expect to be in full swing with no medications nor supplements.  Thank you, God.  I feel light and free in so many ways-mentally, emotionally, and physically.

My daily practice now is to BE present with my body, mind and spirit, applying what I learned about conscious eating, listening to intuition, and letting go of anything out of alignment with pure LOVE, as I become aware of it.  There is no TRYING. There is only BE, DO, HAVE, as I continue my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment