Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Showing up in BEING the Change

One of the intentions of this Journey is to BE the change I wish to see in the world.  I imagined that this experience with/without food might assist me in getting in touch with what that would look like for me.  It turns out that I have been richly rewarded in this intention.

It is showing up in subtle ways such as avoiding purchases that create unnecessary, non-biodegradable trash, and various other ways of walking more gently on the earth.  At the same time, I am learning ways to boycott, through my purchases and my daily choices, corrupt systems that disregard and unnecessarily destroy life, human and otherwise.  It feels good to be making small changes in my choices rather than complain about things I can't change in the world.

In terms of food, I pay more attention to the way it is packaged and whether it is grown locally or governed by the WTO(World Trade Organization).  For the sake of my body, how much has it been processed?  Where are the laws of nature being honored?  Am I supporting my body's ability to renew, repair, and regenerate itself? ...or am I contributing to its breakdown?


In terms of non-food items, I think about why am I making this purchase?  Is it something needed, or am I acting out a subliminal program of consumerism that contributes to corruption on many levels? Who does it effect in a positive or negative way? Is it in alignment with the laws of nature and God?  What does it serve?

I perceive that we have been lulled or hypnotized into a state of "unrighteous dominion" or irresponsible stewardship of the resources of the planet.  At the same time, we have lost or at least diminished our inherent connection to and respect for Father Spirit and Mother Earth. 

I admire those who are taking action, each in their own capacity, to be more conscious about their soul purpose, and about exercising free will for the highest good of all.  I see this as the best way that I can serve and make a difference in the world at this point.

I don't stress about these things.  They are just things.  This commitment is a tool to assist me in BEING more present in my Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment