Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Experience with Sungazing

When I first started gazing, I noticed pretty quickly that I enjoyed it, looked forward to it, and felt more peaceful. I began to notice that I didn't start to feel hungry until early afternoon.  

After six months I noticed my appetite decreasing.  When I ate heavy foods or overate, I felt uncomfortably bloated.  I began to pay more attention to what I ate and how it made me feel.  I really felt better if I didn't have a full meal, but just grazed.  I started wanting more liquid food like soups and juices.

When I left home for California, I had completed 44 minutes of gazing. It was time to start the bare foot walking 45 minutes  a day.  It felt good to just tune in to me to see if I needed to eat.  I soon realized I nearly always felt full.  My need for food was a mental clinging, or a habit of needing food.  Now I'm paying more attention to my energy levels as I exercise.  I'm realizing my body is gradually needing less and less food.   

One day I decided to spend the entire day down by the beach just walking around.  For breakfast I had about 4 0z. of smoothie and 2 tiny Valencia oranges, cuz they're good.  Not because I was hungry.  I started out bike riding at 10:00 a.m.  Then walked on the beach in the sun until noon.  After lying on the beach to rest a bit, I began to make the trek into town.

I wasn't hungry, but wanted to experience a treat I had enjoyed a few days ago. I finally arrived at the Grill only to find it closed.  In the meantime, I passed by several restaurants with a menagerie of food and smells.  I looked at several menus to see if anything looked good.  Nothing was calling to me.  I was not a bit hungry.  It took me by surprise.  In the past, I would have eaten just because it looked or smelled good, or because I had a story in my head that I needed food because of an increase in physical activity.  I felt very uninterested in any of the food.

It was getting cold.  My ride wouldn't pick me up for some time yet.  I needed to be warm.  I got a small cup of soup.  It warmed me and I felt extremely full.  Several hours later of walking, I went into a restaurant to warm up with some hot lemon water.  I was intending to eat another cup of soup just to pay for taking up space, but found I was much too full. 

I'm pleasantly surprised. During the fast I withheld food for a goal.  It became uncomfortable.  I didn't really understand.  I was doing sun gazing, but not really believing in it.  Now I'm realizing that unbelief is the only thing that holds me back from experiencing all that was promised in H.R.M.'s protocol.  Now I can go without food without having to be so conscious about my energy levels, and I don't feel deprived of food.  I mostly just don't want it.  

Today I tried to eat some nuts just to get them used.  They tasted okay, but feel heavy on my stomach.  This is a very different experience of food.  I love it.  The thing I'm most happy about is that my energy level remains good.  Also I need a lot less sleep.







No comments:

Post a Comment