Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Powerful Message of Moose

As I continue to rebuild, I am keenly aware of the loving support and precious gems I get to gather along the way.

I had a young male moose come hang out in my yard for a couple of days, when I was very low.  I became curious about the message moose bring.  It wasn't until Sunday, when a young female moose with twins came, that I had a chance to look into it.  Her behavior was unusual for a mother with young ones. She seemed extremely calm lying in the shade with her little ones.  She stayed half the day, even though I had visitors. 

I was intrigued, so I looked up moose in my Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews (a reference to indigenous traditions and beliefs about the language of animals and the messages they bring.)  It couldn't have fit more perfectly with what I was experiencing!  I surely felt  Mother Nature's loving support, and appreciate this witness that we are connected to all life, and when in our essence, we naturally serve one another. 

Here are some tidbits that resonated with me:  "The moose can teach the ability to move from the outer world to the inner.  It can teach how to cross from life to death and back to stronger lifeIt teaches how to use the thin thread that separates life and death to one's advantage.  ... There is a great maternal energy that has a primal strength to it.  ...the individual should pay more attention to that inner voice...  Learning to trust what they so often think is simply the imagination....  When moose comes into your life, the primal contact with the great feminine force and void of life is being awakenedIt is an invitation to learn to explore new depths of awareness and sensitivity within yourself and within your environs."

As I lay there letting in her message, I felt an incredible bond with her, and gratitude for her willingness to bring such a powerful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment