Saturday, June 4, 2011

More Possible Opportunities

Some other opportunities for growth that might show up:

Belonging to a group or social enjoyment-In the past, food has been used as a way to connect with people.  I may feel  pressure from others to join them in social eating (more likely, my need to be part of a social event).  With my loving family, I think the only pressure would come from me wanting or needing to belong.  They are supportive and respectful of my choices. 

Most social events do center around food.  Have you ever wondered about that?  Hmmm? Do we use food as a distraction to cover up how uncomfortable we are with ourselves around others?  Being present with ourselves is challenging enough, but being present with  others requires a whole new level of consciousness.  

Old habits-Sometimes I'll pass by some food sitting on the counter and pop it in my mount unconsciously.  Sometimes when I'm putting away leftovers, I'll eat the spoonful that won't fit in the container even when I'm full.  Can any of you relate to that?

Emotional eating-As in other co-dependent behaviors, I get to look at what I am not wanting to feel emotionally and embrace it with Love, through the middle path.  The middle path being to allow, with no judgement, no attachment, no aversion.

I may experience grieving, but I don't see inedia as a loss or end as much as I see it as a new way of being, liberated from physical limitations, whether it be mental, physical or emotional.  I imagine all three will need to be addressed.

I may encounter criticism, skepticism, or shunning, but none of these are new.  Whenever I embark on something out of the ordinary, I am met with my own self doubts first and foremost, (expressed through others).  I get to practice moving through a whole new consciousness again.

Winter may present a whole different challenge.  JMW says true inediates can regulate their own body temperature.  Maybe I will have it figured out by then.   We'll see.

Even the fear of death may show up-I get to practice equanimity and open my mind  and core beliefs to new possibilities, knowing I am being supported because the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment