Monday, June 6, 2011

To Fear or To Love?

I notice I have more energy since I started sun gazing.  I have worked up to over six minutes.  I need less sleep, and have more time for meditation and writing.  I don't feel the exhaustion at the end of the day that I used to.  I sleep better.  Headaches are gone.  I LOVE how simple it is and how much it is giving me.

It's amazing how much we have been conditioned to fear the very things we are naturally drawn to.  I have intuitively looked directly at the sun high in the sky (with eyes closed of course) to take away a headache or anxiety before knowing about the benefits of sun gazing.

Studies in the 1940's proved that sun bathing during safe hours is beneficial to our health and well being.  It was used with great success by many healing retreats to cure diseases.  The skin is a major eliminative organ. When we perspire, it releases as much toxin from the body as peeing. We have been conditioned to be afraid of the sun.  Worse than that, we have been conditioned to use petroleum based UV protection that clogs the pores of the skin.  That is where most skin cancer comes from.  Not from the sun. Hmmm...Wonder what else we've been conditioned to believe?

It's time to let go that fear.  Are you with me?

1 comment:

  1. VERY interesting and informative. I have learned lots of things from you over the years that have made a big difference in my life. This is another bit one, this sun gazing.
    I posted a lengthy comment last week, or tried and it is not showing up. Not sure what that is about!
    Conversing with you and this blog about conscious eating has added to a direction I was already going, really listening to what my body wants and needs. Not only around what I am putting into my body but also what exercising I had been doing.
    So happy you are in my life SASSY!

    ReplyDelete