Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Self Doubts

I feel ready and excited about this new adventure/experiment in pushing the limitations of the physical and opening myself to other possibilities.  I'm noticing a little anxiety about doing all the right things so I don't mess up.  Having doubts that I can pull it off, and that I will know the necessary steps.  The closer the time of my commitment comes, the more anxiety I feel.  My ego is screaming loudly. YOU CAN'T DO THIS! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?  YOU'RE NOT BIG ENOUGH NOR SMART ENOUGH TO PULL THIS OFF!

Then my friend Don Tolman mentioned steps to take that made me wonder if I have set my expectations too high.  I imagine this part of the process for me is to have old patterns show up that I have played out in the past.  In the past, I have made it hard and held myself rigidly in my "goal", putting a lot of pressure on myself, as I felt insignificant and small.

*I commit to having this be easeful, and having it be about listening to my body, developing my intuition, while being open to feedback and new possibilities. 


I am being reminded that it is NOT about the goal.  It is all about the journey!  Thank you, God for the reminder!  Rigidity is fear based.  This adventure wants to be about discovering possibilities, learning new ways of BEING .  It is simply a new level of learning.  The meaning of it all for me is to learn what I came to teach.  I came for the JOY of the rich experiences planet Earth has to offer.  Life IS beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment