Thursday, June 30, 2011

Settling Into a Routine

Friday is the day of the week I was born.  I have heard that it is beneficial to do a water fast once a week on that day.  So, I am experimenting with doing a weekly water fast starting today in preparation for the 40 day in July.  As of May 12, 2011, I am committed to vegetarian lifestyle to support not killing animals needlessly and the abuse that often goes with it.

I am up to 10 minutes of sun gazing.  I have completed nearly 40 days of 98% raw food while cutting my food intake by 50%. Happily, I have lost 11 lbs. gradually and feel GREAT!  Now I'm moving into a week long detox to prepare for the 40 day water fast.  I experience more energy sometimes when I don't eat than when I do.

I am finding a lot of value in meditating more, so I have decided on two silent Sundays per month instead of the one I have been doing.  Also, I have sent an invitation to friends and family to utilize this space for their personal growth and development on those week ends that work for them.  It seems that everyone's growth is being accelerated and some are feeling overwhelmed. I find the day of silence really helps me get in touch with what I need and where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment