Monday, July 11, 2011

Are You Listening?

Day 7: I started out feeling good, but a little light headed.  It felt like it should be a rest only day, but I went ahead and did laundry and painted my park benches.  I thought I was pacing my self, moving slowly and resting lots in between, but I kept feeling weak, unsteady, light headed, and my heart seemed to work extra hard.  By 5:00 p.m., it felt like I had the flu.  I finally took a nap and felt a little better, except for a headache.

I sat down with Gary as he ate that same delicious soup he shared with me, through kisses, a few days ago.  This time, I smelled it and my body said no, it wasn't interested.  I got a little drop on my finger and tasted it anyway.  In a few minutes I felt a headache and nauseous.

Needless to say, I got some pretty good learnings around listening to my body.  It is in such a sensitive state, the consequences of not listening are swift and painful.  I'm imagining it is working hard to clean out and doesn't want any distractions.  I appreciate how well my body is doing and commit to listening better and honoring what it needs.  Tomorrow, I seek to honor my body in the work it's performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment