Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's All About Food

Day 16: I got some good sleep last night (3 hrs.), I finally got to sun gaze (it's been cloudy), and feel much better today.  I feel VERY thirsty, yet my stomach won't accept water.  I suspect my pancreas is being worked on.  My mouth felt so much like it does when you just get out of surgery and you have cotten mouth, so I thought about sucking on ice chips.  That always seemed to relieve the thirst without upsetting the stomach.  I worked!  So I've been sucking ice chips all day with good results.  I even had enough energy to go for a short walk.  Then I sat in my water fall and let the water splash on me. 

I got some feedback from a generous reader about letting nature feed me and loving my body.  I practiced that, with good results.

I joined a forum on the breatharian.info website.  It is so helpful to learn from others experiences and research.  I found this quote on one of them that really resonated with me. 
"You also realise what an incredible diversion food is on this planet and the energy that is expended on growing it, harvesting it, distributing it, selling it, preparing it, eating it, and the social integration that goes on around that. And the amount of time and money one can release into your life if you don't have to spend a tremendous amount of your life on food. You can use that time and energy towards achieving other ends." - Robin Adams, Breatharian

Then I was reading an article about the intentional programming marketers do to get people to consume more food.  It reminded me of what has sadly become the norm since the 70's and maybe why so many Americans are obese.
"It's all about making people think they want to have something in their hands all the time," he says. "Why are we snacking all the time and munching all the time? [Food] is there, it's available all the time, it's tasty. It's not very healthy, but it's tasty. It's sweet, it's salty, it's fatty—it's all the things we love."
 This journey is about changing that unconscious habit for me, so that I can enjoy a more healthy, pain free body and more vitality.   --and by the way, have the freedom to choose.  What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. You stomach does not want to accept not digested water, so it means, you body is telling you, how to drink water properly.
    You need to chew the water in your mouth, mix it with saliva for some time, before you swallow. This is, actually, what you are doing with the ice cubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! That makes sense, and so helpful!

    ReplyDelete