Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Hope, New Learnings

By Tues. July 25, I awoke feeling so traumatized, I knew I had to make a drastic change in what I was doing.  I was trying to get back to food and wanted to be gentle, but in so much fear & survival.  I think that subtle, ego centered expectation completely threw me off center.

My dear friend, Don Tolman, who has an amazing understanding of the chemistry and workings of the body, as well as lots of experience with fasting, was willing to give me just the guidance I needed.  He understood exactly what I needed to find the balance and get back on food.  He explained it beautifully, so I could understand.  He has access to a wealth of ancient indigenous teachings society has completely lost touch with.  His website is http://www.dontolman.com/

He told me to eat mashed potatoes with butter and salt for three days.  Can you believe it!  Oh my!  It was sooo yummy and felt so good. I enjoyed every bite.  The only juice that feels good on my tummy now is grapefruit juice.  I still have a difficult time with water.

Don taught me that because women have a completely different make up than men, they need to do the 40 day water fast in 10 day segments, quarterly, and in sync with the new moon.  He found it in some ancient teachings that the women healers understood. That would be way gentler!  Now I know.  I will not cross this line again.

I feel a little stronger each day, and feel the effects of running too far, too fast.  My body is still working very hard to find the balance.  I LOVE my body!  I've learned that I am not a victim of my body, EVER!  It just wants to be LOVED, HONORED, and RESPECTED.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Linda and how in tune you are with your body. I love your commitment to yourself, and I love how big you play here on earth! Thank you for being you and being such beautiful example to me!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete