Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day One of My 40 Day Fast

I just finished 40 days of 98% raw foods.  I used the Conscious Eating practice, which cut my food intake by 50% automatically.  The last week was an intensive apple juice detox to insure a clean bowel to start the water fast.  Throughout this period I and everyone around me, are amazed at my energy level.

I drank just one bottle of kambucha tea and two helpings of senna tea today to flush anything left in my bowel.  Just before bed, the night before the 40 day fast began, I felt to drink  a formula for expelling gallstones.  The apple juice I had been on for a week softens the stones, so they can release without pain.  The drink consists of the juice of one whole lemon with 2 0z. of extra virgin olive oil.  This drink puts the liver into a spasm which expels the gallstones. 

Today is day one of my 40 day water fast.  It is recommended to keep the colon clean throughout the fast.  I find this eliminates a lot of headaches.  I opted to do an epsom salt flush instead of the recommended enema this morning.  The fast will end on August 13th.  Then my body will tell me if I still need food.  I have already lost fifteen pounds, which is half the weight I wanted to lose altogether.  I feel excited and encouraged.  I am able to remain physically active.


No comments:

Post a Comment