Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Fear Monster

I had no idea I had so much FEAR around succeeding!  It hit me hard tonight and I had a melt down.  I realize I have set myself up for failure by creating a lot of pressure from myself (through my readers) to finish this to the end, and it is bringing up my deepest, darkest self doubt.  I am now exposing my most authentic raw self in this moment.  I need to let go of the idea that I MUST do this.  It is making me miserable, and I'm next to giving up. 

This is bringing up a core mistrust of my body created by an incident with my Dad when I was 3yrs. old.  I held myself so rigid so as to obey him, so he would stop spanking me.  I forced the tears down and the noise from my throat, but my body betrayed me and reacted to all I was trying to hold back.  It wasn't good enough.  I couldn't pull it off.  I couldn't trust my body to do what I wanted it to.

I feel this is coming up to be healed.  I don't feel strong enough mentally right now.  Right now my self doubt is as strong as my belief.  I would rather LOVE myself and be gentle in this moment than worry about succeeding.  I can always try it again another time when I don't feel under any pressure.  I don't know how else to let it go other than to just stop, or do some juice for a few days.  I'll sleep on it.  We'll see.

So, I don't know if I will continue the fast.  I may need to stop it now and know that I have already succeeded in as far as I have come.  I'm just noticing the fear is over riding my intuition.   I'm having difficulty navigating until I can let go of this anxiety.

3 comments:

  1. Im sending you love and prayers dear one. I know you well enough to know that you will do what is best for you regardless of the fear and stories.

    I think that this is great to have people see that you are human just like the rest of us and that you are facing "Stuff" and choosing to move through and honor yourself, this is way more inspiring to me than if you just breezed through.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take great courage in all the love and prayers I'm receiving. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what your heart tells you to do, success is doing what you feel is best for you.

    I love you, Ginny

    ReplyDelete